The Annapurna Cottage Industries was established in the year 1987, the founder of LEAF PLATE. Modest beginning at "Annapurna Cottage Industry” in 1987: Initially we started with a small investment to impart skills among unemployed youth (men and women) in leaf plate making in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and over a period of time the scope of training/skill development was expanded to the neighboring state such as Chhattisgarh and Orissa at the instance of the respective DRDAs. As on date we have trained over 1 lakh women in India and abroad.Professional Profile:
Industrialist and Social educationist for nearly 3 decades.
Presently the positions held as professional in below organizations:
- Managing Director - Annapurna Cottage Industries
- Partner - NIRDPR-RTP (National Institute of Rural Development Panchayat Raj- Rural Technology Park)
- Advisor - Khadi Village Industries Board
- Founder “Leaf Plate Making Technology” and related technology
- Paper plate making machinery manufacturers
- Sports related equipment’s
- Annatto seed braking machine in collaboration with CFTRI
- Mud Block making technology upgraded to NIRDPR with high production using hydraulic equipment
- International – Excellency appreciation in 9th SAARC Trade Fair 2009 held at Bhutan.
- National - National Award in outstanding performance in women empowerment in leaf plate making 2010
- State - Potti Sriramulu Smaraka Award
- Golden Jubilee Yuva Puraskara
Appreciation from Parliamentary Committee lead by Smt. Margaret Alwa, H’ noble Minister visited Daspalla ORISSA to witness the outstanding performance in training 25000 women in leaf plate making. Witnessed by Late Former President SHRI APJ ABDUL KALAM for the training conducted in association with Rural Development and Forest Department at Chhattisghad.Social Profile:
- ORMAS (ODDISSY) and Annapurna Cottage Industries entered into a MOU in 1999 to Facilitate train 25,000 Tribal Women in Leaf Plate Making and created the opportunity to Market their end Product.
- Trained Around 75000 women from various organizations like DRDA, ITDA, KVIB, KVIC, NIRD, NTSCEAT, APITCO, CARPAT, CREDA, FOREST DEPARTMENT, CMEY, CSIR, SISI, GCC and MSME.
- Rehabilitation to Weavers in 1991 at Sirsilla in MOU with Municipal Commissioner for 100 women
- BEED Workers Rehabilitation at Mittapally Naziabad in 1992 work taken up during Smt. Neelam Sahani Project Director, DRDA
- SAMPADA Project training in leaf plate making at Adilabad During Sri Parthasarathi PD, DRDA
- APCOST and Annapurna Cottage Industries entered in MOU to take up training in leaf plate making and market tie up for 30 Mandals in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh, Sri. Rammurthy Naidu was Member Secretary.
- Tribals of ITDA and DRDA Khammam were under gone training in leaf plate making in 1996