Infrastructural support is also one of the high points in our company. We have sprawling and plush factory premises, equipped with state of art technology, Hi-tech Machinery and assorted workforce. An imposing infrastructure tends to be playing an important catalyst in reaching new heights and achieving production targets. We have earmarked the premises in different segments, which not only streamlines the process but speed up the production. This helps us to identify ourselves as a highly organized business unit.
Workforce has always been one of the important factors in determining the growth index of a company. We have got professionals who have industry rich experience and contribute to the growth of the company. The rich knowledge base gives us an edge in handling day-to-day situation. Also we try and do regular interactions with industry veterans so that there constant exchange of thoughts and ideas.
We are growing under the able guidance of Mr. R. Raj, who has immense knowledge in the respective field. The team has got a near perfect mix of professionals who carry their rich experience and contribute towards company growth.
|Nature of Business||Exporter and Manufacturer|
|Additional Business||ExporterWholesalerRetailerService Provider|
|Company CEO||R.D. Raj|
|Registered Address||10-4-125/2, Altaf Nagar, Bairamalguda,, Hyderabad - 500074, Telangana, India|
|Total Number of Employees||11 to 25 People|
|Year of Establishment||1987|
|Legal Status of Firm||Individual - Proprietor|
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 2 - 5 Crore|
Trade & Market
|Export Percentage||upto 20%|
|Size of Premises||26000 square feet|
|Space Around||Front porch|
|Primary Competitive Advantage||Large Product LineGood Financial Position & TQMLarge Production CapacityExperienced R & D Department|
|Quality Measures / Testing Facilities||No|
|Import Export Code (IEC)||09080*****|
|Banker||HDFC BAHDFC BANK|
Packaging/Payment and Shipment Details
|Payment Terms||D/AD/PL/CT/T (Wire Transfer)|
|Payment Mode||CashChequeDDOnlineRTGSBank Transfer|
|Shipment Mode||By AirBy RoadBy SeaBy Cargo|
Send us a Quick Message Discuss more about your requirement by contacting us now
We strive for maximum client satisfaction, which results in maximum business for us. Our clients keep coming back to us, which indicates that we have earned lot of name in the industry, serving with earnest quality and timeliness of the orders.
We have spent heavily in continually upgrading our work set up that is completely outfitted with high-speed production technology and latest devices. The firm belief of our customers in precision engineering furnishes us to produce a CNC based infrastructure, where we can generate large volumes of Industrial Machines with dimensional accuracy. Moreover, our completely automated quality testing, warehousing and distribution activities are also a result of technological advancements.
- Appreciation in Rural Innovatators Start up Coclave-2018 for our innovative projects
- SAARC-Best presentation in SAARC Trade Fair and many more
We have the big dedication towards clients’ best interests and owing to the persistence of our team members we have converted able to accomplish the purposes of eminent clients’ profits. Further, the communication ability of our team members furnishes us to anticipate the contemporary and forthcoming market trends. Our team comprises of extremely skilled R&D experts, industrious warehouse managers, disciplined quality assurance officers and highly dedicated sales and marketing personnel.
- To create adequate awareness and understanding about development opportunities under various sectors.
- To facilitate initiatives for development of vulnerable sections through Public- Private Partnership..
- To facilitate a network of skill development organizations in Government and Private Sectors for providing and upgrading skills for self-employment among rural youth.
- To facilitate formation and promotion of SHG’s in rural and tribal areas for availing the benefits of subsidies and interest free financial assistance to take-up self-employment activities.
- To create conduce and enabling environment for disadvantaged sections to take part in the planning and implementation of rural development schemes.
- To showcase and demonstrate appropriate eco-friendly rural technologies for value addition and maximizing the productivity in agriculture and artisan sectors.
Over the years, Annapurna Cottage Industries has evolved in to design of Biodegradable Leaf Plates supply of machinery, established procurement of raw material, marketing channels and training end empowering rural women for setting up self-help centre.
Uniqueness of the product & the proposal:
- Fulfils moral obligation to be socially responsible
- Alternative to usage of Plastic coated plates
- Wastage trims are converted in to paper which is reusable
- Women love to work for this industry
- Primary collectors and leaf stitching processors will maintain good health, unlike Beedi workers. (Primary collector of Beedi leaf and its processors are facing lot of health issues like cancer etc.,). Many medical values to the end-user.
Promoter Credentials as Resource Coordinator:
With about 30 years experience in the same line of activity, the CEO of the company Mr. R.D Raj was involved in 100’s of training camPs and imparted training to about 100,000 rural/Tribal youth in various states like: AP, Telangana, Orissa, Maharashtra, Karnataka etc.,
Raj is the Resource coordinator in the following Organisations:
- DIC, NIRD, ORMAS, GCC, ITDA, KVIB, KVIC
- History of Projects handled
- DRDA : Trained 15,000 persons during 1991-94 at Nizamabad, Karimnagar,Warangal, Srikakulam and Nalgonda
- NIRD & PR : Handled a good number of classes on this subject in both National and International Training program conducted by NIRD & PR, Every year a good number of study com-exposure visit are conducted at our Annapurna Cottage Industries
- ORMAS : A special project designed for ORMAS was taken up for training 25000 women which was witnessed by the parliamentary Committee led by Hon’ble Central Minister Mrs. Margaret Alwa
- ITDA : Trained 1000 persons during 1990-93 at Badrachalam, Paderu
- GCC (Girijan Co-operative corporation) : Trained 2000 persons during 2000-2001 at Araku and Rampachodavaram
- AP COST : Trained in 30 Mandals under ‘Sampada’ Project (photo) during 1995-97 in Telangana.
- NABARD : Taken up leaf plate making program for tribals Srikakulam and Vijayanagaram Districts
- CREDA : Introduce in leaf plates making to farmers in Nalgonda & Ranga Reddy Districts.
- National Award in Special Category for imparting training and providing self-employment to highest number of SHG in 2010.
- Representation and best performance during 9th SAARC Trade Fair 2009.
The existing marketing channels developed over the last 30 years will be harnessed further:
- Appointment of Super stockiest at state level
- 10 stockists under the umbrella of super level
- 200 retails out-lets
Institution sale: Temples, Hospitals, Restaurants, Hotels, Tourism spots etc.
- We propose an app by which lot of sales personals, students and representatives will benefit. This is one of the best way of sales promotion.
- Presently we are having a channel by which we export leaf plates to Germany, Singapore, Malaysia and USA.
- Process- Flow of Operations at the cluster level
The process of the cluster of SHC’s from the villages with level 300 population is as follows:
- Raw leaves collection from the forest
- Grading of leaves, drying in cool & clean place
- Hand stitching, and thread stitching on sewing machines
- Such stitching leaves will be used for the top layer
- The bottom layer will be 8-10 microns bio-degradable low density polyethylene with three ply corrugated sheet at the bottom
- These plates are pressed for 5 to 8 sec at 120 oc for better curing and bacteria saddle activity
- Trimming, shaping is done as gentle press
Role of Annapurna:
- Adequate Training to the beneficiaries
- Help in collection & selection of raw material from the forest
- Identification of location to set-up the unit
- Supply of required machinery
- Maintenance Guidance
- Supply of other raw material from mandal HQ
- Collection of finished Goods
- Payment process to the members of the cluster through bank
- Welfare benefits like 5 lakhs insurance, ESI and PF
- Training to cluster Members on the environment Protection in the process of picking up the forest leaves.
About The Company
The Annapurna Cottage Industries was established in the year 1987, the founder of LEAF PLATE. Modest beginning at "Annapurna Cottage Industry” in 1987: Initially we started with a small investment to impart skills among unemployed youth (men and women) in leaf plate making in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and over a period of time the scope of training/skill development was expanded to the neighboring state such as Chhattisgarh and Orissa at the instance of the respective DRDAs. As on date we have trained over 1 lakh women in India and abroad.
Industrialist and Social educationist for nearly 3 decades.
Presently the positions held as professional in below organizations:
- Managing Director - Annapurna Cottage Industries
- Partner - NIRDPR-RTP (National Institute of Rural Development Panchayat Raj- Rural Technology Park)
- Advisor - Khadi Village Industries Board
- Founder “Leaf Plate Making Technology” and related technology
- Paper plate making machinery manufacturers
- Sports related equipment’s
- Annatto seed braking machine in collaboration with CFTRI
- Mud Block making technology upgraded to NIRDPR with high production using hydraulic equipment
- International – Excellency appreciation in 9th SAARC Trade Fair 2009 held at Bhutan.
- National - National Award in outstanding performance in women empowerment in leaf plate making 2010
- State - Potti Sriramulu Smaraka Award
- Golden Jubilee Yuva Puraskara
Appreciation from Parliamentary Committee lead by Smt. Margaret Alwa, H’ noble Minister visited Daspalla ORISSA to witness the outstanding performance in training 25000 women in leaf plate making. Witnessed by Late Former President SHRI APJ ABDUL KALAM for the training conducted in association with Rural Development and Forest Department at Chhattisghad.
- ORMAS (ODDISSY) and Annapurna Cottage Industries entered into a MOU in 1999 to Facilitate train 25,000 Tribal Women in Leaf Plate Making and created the opportunity to Market their end Product.
- Trained Around 75000 women from various organizations like DRDA, ITDA, KVIB, KVIC, NIRD, NTSCEAT, APITCO, CARPAT, CREDA, FOREST DEPARTMENT, CMEY, CSIR, SISI, GCC and MSME.
- Rehabilitation to Weavers in 1991 at Sirsilla in MOU with Municipal Commissioner for 100 women
- BEED Workers Rehabilitation at Mittapally Naziabad in 1992 work taken up during Smt. Neelam Sahani Project Director, DRDA
- SAMPADA Project training in leaf plate making at Adilabad During Sri Parthasarathi PD, DRDA
- APCOST and Annapurna Cottage Industries entered in MOU to take up training in leaf plate making and market tie up for 30 Mandals in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh, Sri. Rammurthy Naidu was Member Secretary.
- Tribals of ITDA and DRDA Khammam were under gone training in leaf plate making in 1996
Brands We Deal In